The aim of the Bristol Art on Referral Alliance (BARA) is to provide a gateway into quality-assured Arts on Referral activities.
Arts on Referral (AOR) are community-based visual art programmes designed to improve and maintain good mental health and wellbeing.
- To work towards making AOR a mainstream intervention in health and social care in Bristol
- To continue to share and build on best practice
- To share learning/training
- To share resources/protocols
- To agree common monitoring and evaluation tools and to share and promote data and outcomes.
- To jointly raise the profile of AOR across the city, nationally and internationally
- To work collaboratively to promote and develop Bristol’s AOR offer
- To respond to community needs and local health inequalities
- To respect the autonomy of each provider within the Alliance
- To share a commitment to developing evidence-informed best practice
Find a therapeutic art group near you