Where you can access ArtLight
ArtLight is part of the SPEAR (Social Prescribing for Equality and Resilience) ‘Branching Out’ service and is available in the following areas:
- Ashley – Wellspring Healthy Living Centre
- Easton – Wellspring Healthy Living Centre
- Eastville – Wellspring Healthy Living Centre
- Lawrence Hill – Wellspring Healthy Living Centre
- Frome Vale – The Care Forum
- Hillfields – The Care Forum
- Filwood – Knowle West Healthy Living Centre
- Knowle- Knowle West Healthy Living Centre
- Stockwood – Knowle West Healthy Living Centre
- Hengrove and Whitchurch Park – Knowle West Healthy Living Centre
- Avonmouth and Lawrence Weston – Southmead Development Trust
- Henbury and Brentry – Southmead Development Trust
- Southmead – Southmead Development Trust
To join an ArtLight group near you will need to make an appointment with a Social Prescribing Link worker.
Courses are run for 5 weeks each at various venues around Bristol. (Where available participants may attend 2 consecutive courses)
What can I expect?
No previous arts experience is necessary.
Sessions are FREE and all art materials are supplied. You are, of course, welcome to bring your own equipment and materials if you prefer.
Art Light groups are informal and fun creative art sessions. An experienced artist gently introduces a range of ideas and techniques to help participants explore their own creativity and learn new skills at their own pace.
Art Light groups offer a relaxed supportive atmosphere where everyone feels accepted for who they are. They provide a safe space in your week to enjoy ‘me time’ with no pressures. The lead artist will guide you through each activity and help you find the confidence to develop your own creative process. And you’re always welcome to just sit, enjoy the company and a cup of tea!